I don’t even know where to start. Life has been… hard, different, sad, busy. It’s been a couple months so here are some things that have been going on.
- LJ got his Botox in October. They raised the dose since he’s gained almost 9 lbs since his surgery! Every time we go into this appointment I worry about it’s effectiveness (it decreases after each use). But it’s still working very well!
- A few weeks ago I get a call from the hospital’s financial department (never good). Turns out they were letting me know that our state Medicaid will no longer be covering Botox in the lower extremeties. Honestly, WTH? What could possibly be the reason to justify this BUDGET cut. It’s so clearly has to do with money since the rest of our family has been waiting to to get Medicaid to for 5 months. I think they’re waiting till the beginning of the year. Luckily, I know we qualify for financial assistance so this shouldn’t be too much of a problem. But I did cry after I got off the phone with her. Not for us, because we’ll figure it out, but for other families. The financial lady told me that a lot of families were very upset.
- The morning of October 31, two of my friends died in a car accident. I won’t go into much detail but it was like a slap in the face. I dated one of them in high school and although we didn’t see each other much, we were still friends. It’s heartbreaking that they were both such young, fun-loving people.
- Another issue that I won’t talk about yet has to do with our family. I’m just not ready to go there yet. But it’s heartbreaking.
- On a good note, I was published! Remember the launch event I went to where I met the editor? It was a lot of fun to write the article and hopefully they’ll have it on their website soon. I look forward to staying involved with the magazine.
- I’m starting school in January. When our friends passed, I started seeing things differently. I was just making it through life. I’ve always talked about going back to school but I was tired of talking about it. I’m so excited that I finally made a decision on what I want to do.
- Louie went with his dad and got a hospital bed from a very generous family up in WI. It’s awesome! What’s even better is that Noah now has a crib. I moved him into LJ’s room last week. LJ fussed till 10:30 before Noah finally woke up and cried with him till 11:00. I’m sure it will be an adjustment for them but I think they both love their new beds.
- LJ had his orthopedic follow up appointment last week. I thought for sure she’d say surgery this time. Instead, she said his hips actually looked BETTER and to keep doing whatever it is we’re doing! Completely different attitude then the first time we saw her. Gotta love doctors.
I’m sure there’s more. My brain has been on overload but I’m hoping by this weekend I’ll be able to relax. Probably not, though, since Christmas is just around the corner!
Filed under: Uncategorized |